PrimeUCC and the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument
Established at University College Cork in 2014, PrimeUCC has substantial experience in providing technical support to research groups for the development of proposals for funding under the EU Horizon 2020 programme.
The H2020 SME Instrument is aimed at SMEs with strong growth through innovation potential. Companies can apply for a Phase I grant of €50k over 6 months for concept and feasibility studies and the preparation of a business proposal. If successful, they can bid for Phase II funding of up to €2.5m to conduct demonstrations, market analysis and R&D, and bring the concept to market.
Target SMEs are innovative, disruptive, and reasonably well-established.
Areas of interest identified in the SME Instrument 2016-2017 are as follows:
- Open disruptive innovation in ICT
- Healthcare biotechnology
- ICT solutions for health, well-being and ageing well
- Agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors
- Blue growth
- Low carbon and energy efficient systems
- Transport and smart cities mobility
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency, raw materials
- Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
Further information is available at http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/area/smes
PrimeUCC offers consultancy on proposal preparation to SMEs seeking to access funding through the SME Instrument. Our services include
- providing training on the requirements of the call for proposals
- writing proposals in part or in full
- creating and collating charts, tables and diagrams as required
- reviewing, proof-reading and editing proposals prior to submission
- liaising with partners (if the bid is from consortium)
In addition we can act as a gateway to world class research at University College Cork.
Prime UCC contracts to provide as many consultancy days as required by the company (e.g. for a
H2020 Phase I proposal we expect to complete a proposal with a contract for 5 days’ service).
In the event that a proposal is successful, our contract includes a commitment by the company to
payment of a success fee.
For further information contact us at: email@example.com