IT Infrastructure Engineer – Aspira
ASPIRA is a leading Enterprise IT Company, with offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Singapore, and listed in the FT Top 1000 High Tech companies in Europe for 2017.
We have exciting opportunities for junior, mid-level and senior IT Infrastructure engineers, based in our Cork Office. The successful applicants will be working directly with our clients – both in the enterprise sector for multinationals and public bodies, and also working with growing SME’s as they build out and expand their IT infrastructure.
This makes for a varied and exciting workplace, requiring willingness to learn new technologies and the ability to be adaptable to change and good under pressure. We hire people who enjoy working within a collaborative team, sharing knowledge and best practices, working together to grow our company by delivering great service to our client base.
- Reporting to the Aspira IT Manager, the successful applicants will work as part of a broader team that provides a wide range of IT services and technical consultancy & support to our client base.
- The roles will be primarily based in the Aspira Cork Office, and will also involve some time spent working directly alongside our clients’ staff at their sites.
- For Senior roles, we require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant environment. Mid-level roles require 3-5 years’ experience, and Junior roles less than 3 years’ experience.
- Technology areas that are of particular interest to us include:
- VMware or MS Hyper-V with an aptitude for networking (Cisco)
- Experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments
- Working knowledge of standard network and internet networking technologies and best practices
- Understanding of IP based networks and security protocols, tools and policies
- Experience installing, configuring and administrating VMware based solutions/technologies, with specific focus on VMware vSphere. The candidate should have a willingness and drive to learn new cloud based technologies and adapt to the changing virtualization/cloud landscape
- Technical design and optimization of infrastructure and application systems and components
- Ability to monitor systems and recommend changes that will drive improvement (e.g. in system security or network performance).
- Scripting language experience (e.g. Powershell, Python) is a nice-to-have
- Personal Competencies that we look for include:
- Ability to work well as part of a team and also the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Attention to detail – appropriate use of change control procedures and communication
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating fluency in written and verbal communications
- Strong customer focus, able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multi-task, make priority calls and manage time effectively, engaging with customers and colleagues in a responsive manner
- Ability to demonstrate a professional image in a manner that reflects well on the company
- Holding a Full, Clean Driving License is advantageous
- Candidates with a relevant Degree will be preferred (e.g. Computer Science, Cloud Computing, Networking, IT, etc.)
- It is an advantage if candidates have – or are on the path to achieve – certifications (eg. Cisco CCNA or Microsoft MCSE). Aspira supports staff members acquiring additional industry certifications.
Please contact Emma Hayes for details firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 021-2352550.