Senior Cluster Manager
it@cork is seeking to appoint a cluster manager to develop the existing technology cluster in Cork and foster collaboration between member companies. Reporting to the board of it@cork, this is a new senior level strategic role for a fixed term of 3 years.
it@cork is a leading industry led, not for profit business organisation. It represents the extensive ICT Sector that exists in the region. It is it@cork’s ambition to develop a fully functioning tech cluster in the south west region which services the ICT sector and the companies which support it. In order to turn Cork into a centre of excellence for technology we seek to foster and support policies and actions which will attract the highest levels of talent and foreign direct investment by appointing a full time Cluster Manager. Our 200+ members are outward looking in their approach to business and are committed to the continuing growth of the region.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships between the cluster members seeking out opportunities to collaborate; particularly on innovation led projects with a view to increasing employment in the region
- Identify and develop clustering initiatives in emerging technologies, applying them across sectors leveraging the existing strengths in the region
- Facilitate greater collaboration between MNCs and SMEs
- Develop support initiatives for entrepreneurs
- Drive increased membership to meet ambitious yearly pre-agreed targets
- Actively collaborate with other clusters or organisations locally, nationally and internationally on mutual projects including participate in EU projects
- Partner with government organisations to facilitate trade missions
- Represent members at local and national level on policy matters.
- Identify projects to foster an environment whereby local and international talent are retained in the region
- Identify and apply for funding
- Attend relevant conferences and trade fares locally, nationally and internationally
- Manage budgets
- Lead it@cork marketing and branding initiatives
- Monthly reports to the board on progress
- Track record working at a senior levels within a business/technology environment is essential
- Track record liaising across multiple stakeholders at senior levels across industry, academia and government essential, ideally within the Irish ecosystem
- Experience of developing business plans, funding applications (including EU Projects), strategic plans and development plans essential
- People orientated
- Proven project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous experience working with internationally based clusters desirable
- Previous experience working within a not for profit environment desirable
- Policy/Lobbying experience desirable
- Genuine interest and passion for our mission
Highly competitive salary plus bonus arrangements commensurate with the seniority of the role with travel allowance for international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role within the ICT sector in the region, the first such ICT cluster position created in Ireland. This is a highly visible position, working with senior stakeholders across industry, academia and government.
Please email your CV and cover letter, clearing outlining your relevant experience and how you believe you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com no later than 28 February 2018.
First round interviews will take place in March 2018, with second round interviews shortly thereafter.