it@cork are looking to hire an Events Assistant
it@cork is a not for profit serving the needs of a diverse range of technology companies in Cork. With over 200 members in a thriving sector, we are looking to build out our team to support growth.
We are seeking to recruit a part-time events assistant for a flexible 20 hour week.
Reporting to the programme manager, duties of the assistant include supporting the programme manager and board of directors helping to develop member services, assisting in daily office needs, supporting event management and related marketing activity.
- Day to day administration including customer service, ticket sales, budget management and reporting.
- Responsible for website management and content development, liaising with external website provider.
- Support event management activities on the day of the event, including registration duties, and general on the day support.
- Support Digital Media Strategy.
- Develop written content for publication, including newsletters and reports.
- Write and distribute email, letters, and the bi-weekly e-zine.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports on events and it@cork activities.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- To efficiently deal with any queries from existing it@cork members and new members.
Experience in various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
In addition we are looking for an individual that
- Is flexible & adaptable: While we are offering a 20 hour flexible contract and will work around the candidate where possible, some events will take place in mornings or evenings and the role will require support at those times
- 1+ years experience in event management
- Ability to multitask on various platforms and projects
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Has the ability to work under pressure
- Has an exceptional attention to detail
- A team player is essential
- Having your own transport would be a plus
A 20 hour flexible contract is offered at a rate commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is 30 January 2018, with an anticipated start date of no later than 13th February 2018 or earlier where possible.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to Sarah Walsh at email@example.com