IT Product Manager/Senior Advisor Cork
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Product Manager on our Team Member Experience team in Cork.
IT Development drives the delivery of transformational projects and application lifecycles. For us, success means analyzing, designing and implementing business application software that solves our customer’s real business problems. That takes evaluating, designing and documenting applications using state-of-the-art languages and technologies to code, program, test and debug applications. It also takes working in a culture of continuous improvement — enabling us to develop models of possible future configurations.
This Product Manager role is part of the Team Member Experience team in Dell IT. The TMX groups vision is to create a best-in-class digital workplace experience by designing, delivering and supporting our 140k Team Members with modern user-centric digital solutions. The successful applicant will Product Manage the rollout of the Microsoft Office 365 suite – the hosted, online version of the traditional installed version of Microsoft Office software.
- Prepares and provides content in the formulation of strategic business plans for the O365 portfolio of services and presents the strategic business plan to many audiences
- Creates content communicating service strategy and roadmaps. Formulates tactics to execute on the strategy associated with a service and/or portfolio of services.
- Maintains high visibility to market developments and carries out detailed market analysis. Determines customers’ needs and continually refines customer requirements to ensure customer needs and product gaps are satisfied.
- Carries out detailed Competitor Analysis of solutions being accessed – assess of strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competing solutions
- Leverages service knowledge to assist groups including IT Marketing and Communications, and IT support teams with training content and knowledge transfer
- Supports the development and implementation of the service go-to-market and business readiness plans (including communications, blogs, guides etc), working with all IT groups to execute. Tracks and analyzes service success, product analytics and key success metrics in tandem
- Analyzes, identifies and qualifies opportunities for new service features and enhancements in support of new demand, next version planning. Manages many stakeholders (internal and external, including vendors and providers of 3rd party solutions)
- Possesses strong product management, technology and industry knowledge
- Experience delivering and managing products to get them to market successfully and on-time, understands and has executed on products lifecycle and has proven success delivering products to market Understands and has experience of Product Management activities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment with competing business needs, is able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Able to prioritize various project products management activities, and work seamlessly and proactively on multiple programs simultaneously with various stakeholders across those projects
- Skilled leading and working with geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communication, leadership, time management, written, verbal, problem resolution and customer facing skills are required.
- Negotiation skills, able to influence others to achieve results
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in the Software industry
- A track record of successfully delivering product solutions to the market.
- Exceptional people and communication skills, managing multiple priorities and maintain control over all product work streams, ensuring also that the right people fill the right seats.
- Have a level 8 degree in computer science or another technology related discipline or demonstrable technical experience such that you can work comfortably with software developers and product designers
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be involved in projects that change the way we work and live, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.