it@Cork manages it@cork Skillnet which is funded by Skillnet Ireland and member company contributions. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
Companies that are members of it@Cork receive FREE membership of it@cork Skillnet subject to company eligibility (see below for Eligibility).
it@cork Skillnet offers a broad range of training courses to address the varied training needs of our member companies, who operate at all levels across the IT sector and beyond. Our training courses provide exceptional value for money, and are all locally delivered by top trainers. Training can also be tailored to suit the specific needs of your business.
Contacting it@cork Skillnet
Annette Coburn, Network Manager
Tel: 086 0848704
Benefits of it@cork Skillnet training
- Member-Led – Training courses are organised on the basis of requests from members – our training courses are therefore directly relevant to the needs of members across the IT sector. So if you have one or one hundred employees, we can help you to provide targeted, effective training to help increase productivity, morale and competitiveness.
- Quality-focused – Through a rigorous procurement process, we select only the top trainers who work with us to tailor our training to the needs of our members.
- Cost Effective – Skillnet Irelands funding enables us to achieve significant efficiencies, which are passed on to our members in the form of substantially reduced training rates. Also by combining the training needs of our member companies, we are able to achieve significant cost efficiencies which we pass on to our members.
- Locally Delivered – All training is provided in the Cork region.
- Networking & Knowledge-Sharing – The networks help promote the sharing of information, best practice and business contacts among member companies. Interacting with other member companies on training courses greatly increases your opportunity to learn about the latest developments, share best practice and broaden your network.
- Free membership for It@Cork Member Companies (subject to eligibility)
Only private sector or commercial semi-state enterprises can become members of a Skillnet Ireland-funded network. The following are not eligible for Skillnet Ireland funding and therefore cannot become member companies of a network:
- Public sector organisations
- Charity or Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Companies based outside the Republic of Ireland
- Private individuals
Please see Skillnet Ireland Website for details. We reserve the right to check eligibility of any applying company.
Employment Activation Programme
it@cork Skillnet focusses mainly on supporting those in employment within the IT sector. A number of other Skillnet Networks participate in the Skillnet Ireland Employment Activation Programme. This initiative is designed exclusively for unemployed people and includes free training in skills in demand by companies combined with direct access to employers through meaningful work placements. for further information on Skillnet Networks offering free training programmes for those seeking employment, subject to eligibility criteria, see the Skillnet Ireland website.
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is a national policy imperative and a major priority for Skillnet Ireland and our networks.
The suite of Skillnet Ireland Managemnet Development Programmes are available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information.