Software Engineer (.NET)- Permanent
IT Sales & Marketing – Cork, Ireland
Snap-on, a multinational S&P 500 listed company, is hiring!
Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on’s mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on’s present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on’s ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry’s most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
The Cork facility is one of several Snap-on global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals.
Snap-on is seeking to hire an outstanding software development engineer to join our large global team of developers. As part of the Sales and Marketing team the role will include working directly with our Stakeholders and Partners to build our ecommerce applications and grow the platforms for the future.
You should have experience or knowledge of building scalable, secure applications and understand design principles and best practices.
You must possess full stack experience in Microsoft technologies including ASP.NET/MVC, C# and SQL Server and have an excellent understanding of web services and object-oriented design and development.
Finally, you should be an excellent team player with great communication skills, who can effectively collaborate across functions and demonstrates a passion for delivering software of uncompromising quality to customers.
Essential Skills Required:
- 3+ years of software development experience with exceptional C#
- Experience with Web Services – ASP.NET Web Services and WCF, Web API
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design Principles
- Successful Track Record as Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
- Knowledge of AngularJS, React, JSON technologies
- An understanding of and ability to apply standard Design Patterns
- Background in Agile/Scrum
Successful Candidates Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Development of software using C#, ASP.NET and SQL
- Analysis and Design of new developments using industry best-practices and object-oriented design skills
- Interact with other software development teams both in Cork and at Snap-on’s other facilities, mainly in the US
- Work with software quality assurance professionals to ensure the highest standards of software development
- Participation in design and code reviews and other peer-based software development activities
- Involvement and input into the team and company’s continuous improvement activities as required
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the manager
If you are interested in this vacancy please email:
Closing date for applications is: Friday 24th March 2017