Software Support Engineer
Snap-on, a multinational S&P 500 listed company, is hiring a Software Support Engineer.
Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on’s mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on’s present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on’s ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry’s most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
The Cork facility is one of several Snap-on global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals.
Snap-on is seeking to hire an outstanding software support development engineer to join our large global team of support engineers and developers. As part of the Sales and Marketing team the role will include providing support for a Client Application related to a real time messaging-centric system.
You should have experience providing support on windows applications with a .Net framework using C#, and understand design principles and best practices.
You must possess experience with Oracle or similar including development of stored procedures, and have an excellent understanding of multi-threaded/multiprocessing applications.
Finally, you should be an excellent team player with great communication skills, who can effectively collaborate across functions and demonstrates a passion for delivering software of uncompromising quality to customers.
Essential Skills Required:
- 3+ years of experience with exceptional C# supporting Windows applications and multi-threaded/multiprocessing applications
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle or similar including developing Stored Procedures
- Experience with N-Hibernate and .Net assemblies
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design Principles
- Knowledge of C\C++, XML
- Successful Track Record as Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
- Experience with IBM MQSeries
- An understanding of and ability to apply standard Design Patterns
- Background in Agile/Scrum
Successful Candidates Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Support Windows applications using C#, ASP.NET and SQL
- Reproduce, Troubleshoot and Analyze Windows application issues
- Analyze, debug, support, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in our field applications
- Assess when and how to escalate to other resources
- Communicate with the support team to understand the required application change / fix / enhancement and provide explanation of resolution
- Write detailed bug reports and complete UAT
- Interact with other software development teams both in Cork and at Snap-on’s other facilities, mainly in the US
- Work with software quality assurance professionals to ensure the highest standards of software development
- Participation in design and code reviews and other peer-based software development activities
- Involvement and input into the team and company’s continuous improvement activities as required
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the manager
If you are interested in this vacancy please email:
Closing date for applications is: 28th July 2017