SQA Engineer – Permanent
Software Engineering – Cork, Ireland
Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on’s mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on’s present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on’s ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry’s most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
The Cork facility is one of several Snap-on global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals. The team is responsible for the development of a wide range of software including the development of user interface and user experiences for applications in a Windows environment for use by automotive diagnostics professionals.
Snap-on Diagnostics is seeking to hire an outstanding automation engineer to work on developing cutting-edge software applications. As part of the Snap-on Team, the successful candidate will be focused on ensuring the highest quality in software solutions deliverables to maintain Snap-on Diagnostics’ leading market position in the automotive diagnostics industry.
The candidate must possess exceptional testing skills and have an excellent understanding of quality assurance best practices. Candidates must be capable of developing test plans/strategies for evolving software. Candidates should be able to coordinate automated and manual testing to ensure quality software is released. Candidates must be capable of applying these skills for Windows desktop applications.
This position requires an excellent team player with great communication skills who demonstrates a passion for delivering software of uncompromising quality to customers. The candidate will frequently be required to work on a cross-functional level in partnership with other Snap-on Diagnostics’ Software Development sites across the globe.
Essential Skills Required:
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years of SQA experience (with a minimum of 3 years writing and executing automated tests).
- Experience working with UI automation tools – recording and/or scripting experience.
- Experience in using a test management system including designing test plans, writing test cases and scheduling test runs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a successful track record working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English Language.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing, results oriented with the ability to deliver the highest quality software using industry best-practice methodologies.
- Focused attention to detail coupled with strong trouble-shooting and multi-tasking abilities.
- Bug Tracking/Reporting and collating Data to stakeholders.
The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
- Certification in ISTQB – Foundation Level or higher.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Exposure to Ranorex Automation Suite.
- Automotive knowledge.
Successful Candidates Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Work with software quality assurance professionals to ensure the highest standards of software development, both in software artefacts and in software development processes.
- Work with developers, testers and product managers to reproduce errors, identify issues and resolve problems.
- Work primarily on automated test development and execution with some manual testing as required.
- Work closely with engineers and testers in a team-oriented environment to create and maintain new regression automated tests.
- Develop and maintain test tools and suites for automation testing.
- Conduct tests based on test schedules and on an ad hoc basis as needed for Production Support.
- Closely work with the development and business team to ensure that testing needs are met.
- Validate defects that have been reported. Work with engineers to identify feasible solutions and workarounds. Provide feedback on defects reported.
- Involvement and input into the team and company’s continuous improvement activities as required.
- Interact with other Teams in Cork and at Snap-on Diagnostics’ other facilities, mainly in the USA and Eastern Europe.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the manager.
If you are interested in this vacancy please email:
Closing date for applications is: Friday 14th April 2017