What is STEMNet?
- STEMNet is a forum for providing information on STEM type initiatives
- This is a free service offered by it@cork
- As a STEM ‘initiative owner’ you get a chance to promote your offering
- As a member company, you get to assess the multitude of initiatives and offerings that fall under the STEM banner, and engage with a particular initiative, should you wish to do so
Who is the audience?
- The target audience for these initiatives is people in full time education – from primary school through to third level
When is it on?
- A number of ‘pitching events’ will be organised throughout the year and advertised on this website.
- STEM owners will be invited to present their initiatives at these events
- All it@cork member companies and school principals will be invited to attend
- Following each event both it@cork and/or any individual company can decide to follow up with any of the pitches to progress with support and/or funding
If I run a STEM initiative, how do I get involved?
- Complete the attached template – STEMNET Application Form and send it to Sarah Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review.
- Review this section of the website from time to time so that you can keep up to date with STEM initiatives listed
- Attend the ‘pitching’ events and use them as a ‘one-stop-shop’ way of assessing what’s available
- Contact an initiative owner directly if you want to work with them
What’s in it for Program providers?
- You get to give one high-impact energetic pitch to a captive audience of it@cork member companies who are interested in promoting STEM
- You get to hear about other STEM initiatives to help you identify opportunities to collaborate with other initiatives or diversify your own one
What’s in it for Industry?
- You get to listen to all the available STEM initiatives at one dedicated event and then make an informed choice about where your company will invest their resources once or twice yearly
- You can direct cold-calling to attempts to STEMNet stating you engage only in this process once/twice yearly
What’s in it for full-time education students?
You see the collective benefits of Industry, Academia and a passion for STEM coming together to provide more volume, variety, coverage and a better user experience for students and teachers.
Organisations participating in this event:
- Steam Education Ltd
- Sense about Maths
- Junior Achievement Ireland
- Space Week
- Formula 1 in Schools Technoloy Challenge
- Yellow Harbour
- Cork Science Festival