Tech Industry Alliance is the new name for it@cork & KerrySciTech
Tech Industry Alliance (TIA) is a rapidly growing network of over 250 ambitious tech-producing and tech-enabled businesses. We are a community of startups, scale-ups, multinational companies, academia and public sector organisations. Together we are supporting and creating a vibrant ecosystem where people, ideas and enterprises can thrive.
it@cork is a member-driven established technology cluster covering the South-West of Ireland. As a member, we plug you into the tech ecosystem regionally, nationally and internationally. Read more
- Networking with peers, companies and technology stakeholders
- Upskilling and Reskilling for talent retention and workforce development
- Learning and sharing opportunities through events, webinars, conferences and on demand content
- Regional influence and representation
- Fora and working groups to support talent development, next generation leadership, Digitalisation for SME’s, Tech Start-ups/Scale ups and much more
- Peer-to-peer support and strategic access to the tech community and thought-leaders
- Recognition of excellence and achievement through awards and opportunity
- Promotion of our members and the region as a leading technology hub
it@cork has been recognised with a prestigious quality standard – the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis (ESCA) bronze label – ‘Striving for Cluster Excellence’.
Receiving this label means that it@cork has been recognised as a cluster organisation striving for excellence and has been assessed by cluster experts on our processes and activities against Europe wide standards.
it@cork is also a member of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and is active in collaboration opportunities with other European technology clusters.
Recently it@cork Skillnet launched a Cybersecurity Skills Development Strategy. The purpose of this research project was to identify the future skill requirements within Cybersecurity in Ireland. By continuously building data insights through this type of research about Cybersecurity we will be helping Multinational Companies (MNCs) & Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) with the on-going maturity of Cybersecurity skills development.
To download a copy of this publication please click on the following link: it@cork Skillnet – Cybersecurity Skills Development Strategy
it@cork Skillnet launched CyberQuest in 2020– a programme aimed at helping workers severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to reskill quickly and secure new roles within the cyber security sector. The programme is fully funded from Skillnet Ireland as part of its Skills Connect initiative.
Wave 1 of this programme will be completed at the end of June 2021 with 250 people in total graduating from either foundation, intermediate or advanced level. We are delighted to receive further funding from Skillnet Ireland for Wave 2 of the programme to follow on from wave 1 at the end of June.
For more information and to apply for this programme go to it@cork Skillnet CyberQuest Website