Vaccines: What are they and are they the best defence against viruses? What might the COVID-19 one look like? Can emerging technologies and the greatest minds on earth successfully speed up the development process and once developed, what will it take to distribute it to millions around the globe? Join us on Thursday May 14th at 8:00am where experts and thought leaders in the field will share their insights and answer your questions.
Our panellists will provide insights on:
- What progress has been made with the roll out of a vaccine for COVID-19?
- What it is like on the frontline; treating patients in a COVID-19 ward?
- The use of technology to expedite the research and trials phase for a vaccine
- The unprecedented levels of collaboration between industry and academia in order to make a vaccine breakthrough
- Dr. Olive Murphy, Consultant Microbiologist, Bons Secours Cork
- Professor Jim O’Mahony, Director of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Degree Programme / Principal investigator in BIO-EXPLORE and the Centre for Research in Advanced Therapeutic Engineering (CREATE), CIT
- Dr. Anne Moore, Senior Lecturer and Principal Investigator, UCC
- Aaron Rogan, News Correspondent, Sunday Business Post
Registration: This webinar is open to all it@cork members and the general public. Registration is free. Please click on the following link for registration:
Please note this is a virtual event only. If you do not already have Zoom installed on your PC, tablet or smartphone, you may be asked to download a plugin to access the webinar.