You can now watch the recording of the webinar on the following link: it@cork COVID-19 Webinar
Results from the polls surveyed during the webinar are available on the following infographic: it@cork COVID-19 Webinar Poll Results
The international outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) poses a serious threat to public health, the economy and society in Ireland and internationally.
it@cork is hosting a special webinar for its members and the general public on the current status of COVID-19 and the mathematical modelling behind the exponential spread of the virus globally.
Hear from experts from both the medical and technology industries and gain practical advice and insight on how to ensure your business continues to operate throughout these turbulent and unprecedented times.
- Prof. Patricia Kearney – Cardiovascular Epidemiologist and Clinical Trialist, School of Public Health, UCC
- Prof. John O’Leary –Professor/Chair of Pathology, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr. Martin Hogan – Managing Director CHI Cork, Past Dean of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Karen Egan – VP Advanced Customer Engagement, VMware
- Jerry Sweeney – CEO, Cork Internet eXchange (CIX), Director, Internet Neutral Exchange (INEX)
MC for this webinar will be Gillian Bergin – Director of Business Transformation – Dell Technologies & Vice Chair it@cork.
In particular, this webinar will explore:
- Data modelling & statistics behind the historic and predicted spread of COVID-19
- What the data models are saying from this pandemic and how COVID-19 will play out
- How technology is enabling companies to continue operations throughout the pandemic
- Self-isolation and the importance of maintaining a positive mental health attitude
- The role of evolving business continuity planning (BCP)
Integrated Media Solutions:
This webinar is brought to you in association with Integrated Media Solutions. IMS is making available fully licensed versions of Zoom Pro, Zoom Room, and Zoom Webinar free of charge to companies in need of remote work conferencing solutions. Companies interested in this offer should click on the following link: IMS Zoom Sign Up
This webinar is open to all it@cork members and the general public. Registration is free. Please click on the following link for registration:
Please note this is a virtual event only. If you do not already have Zoom installed on your PC, tablet or smartphone, you may be asked to download a plugin to access the webinar.